Typical document workflow and digital transformation processes involve a series of conditional tasks, a myriad of approvals, and heaps of confidential data. When all these data assets and processes are handled manually, the risks are always higher that something will slip through the cracks, leading to more severe problems like compliance issues, policy violations, and failures to deliver on promises to customers.
Modern businesses use the cloud to automate essential processes, allowing them to streamline workflow, eliminate human error, support a mobile workforce, and reduce costs. What can it do for your business?
What Is Document Management Workflow?
Document management workflow is a cloud system for producing, tracking, editing, storing and managing documents associated with a business process. Most businesses have piles of paperwork, such as expense reports, purchase orders, acquisition forms, payroll and more. In order to keep things moving, documents get passed from one department to the next, requiring approval or changes at each stop.
Cloud-based document management and workflows automate repetitive tasks in a reliable way. They eliminate manual activities by enabling systematic processes that transform materials, provide services and process information.
Cloud-based workflow platforms are already designed by a number of different cloud storage service providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Services, and Microsoft Azure. Getting started with cloud-based solutions is easier than you think! While it may seem like a huge leap, you really shouldn’t worry.
What Are The Benefits of Cloud-Based Document Workflow Management Tools?
Choosing the right tools and processes to implement effective document workflow is essential to healthy organizations. As manual data entry continues to be outmoded and virtual machine options keep rising, these advantages of cloud-based workflows will help your business stay competitive:
- Centralized Network: Manual workflows depend too much on filing cabinets and personal computer systems with important data stored on insecure local drives. Cloud solutions, on the other hand, allow users to access necessary files without the hassle of maintaining paperwork bundles and stand-alone software.
- Scalability of Customized Solutions: Cloud workflows allow organizations to meet business demands quickly, by scaling appropriately without a costly upgrade. The flexible nature of cloud-based workflow management solutions makes them a better alternative to purchasing new IT hardware or building your own workflow software.
- Remote Access to Documents and Processes: Cloud workflow management solutions allow employees to access a document repository from wherever they are, at any time. By not having to search archives or different devices for a file, cloud-based workflow helps employees increase productivity, save time, and gives remote workers reliable tools to carry out their day-to-day tasks.
- Full Integration: Cloud-based workflow management solutions integrate easily and seamlessly with other applications through API integration. Rapid integration functionality of cloud workflow software eliminates data silos and decreases redundancy, allowing organizations to access all essential information on a single interface.
- Collaboration Made Easy: Be it across the hall or across the country, cloud workflows make collaboration easy and remove the hassle of jumping back and forth to obtain necessary data. Users don’t have to toggle between interfaces or messaging apps to collaborate with others in the process chain.
What is Digital Transformation With The Cloud?
Digital transformation is different than document workflow in the fact that it embraces the integration of technology into all areas of the business. Digital transformation helps organizations continually challenge the status quo, experiment with services, and deliver value to their customers.
The theory behind digital transformation is the same for small and large organizations. Instead of merely replicating an existing service, the goal is to use technology to transform that service into something significantly better.
Modern businesses trust the cloud for digital transformation processes for a variety of reasons:
- Agility: infrastructure, platforms and computing abilities that help businesses stay agile and ready for change
- Cost and labour efficiency: scaling resources up or down as needed
- Security: increased protection from data breaches, disasters and system shutdowns
- Faster prototyping: testing and deploying different applications on different platforms during experimentation
By embracing the cloud, businesses modernize their IT infrastructure, adopt leading-edge data security infrastructure and practices, and focus more on serving customers. With a more open approach to technology, businesses can start to think more strategically about how they might utilize cloud-based technology to improve its operations, processes, and services.
Everything we do at Imaging Office Systems is focused on improving information management for our customers. We believe that the smarter you are with your information, the more successful you’ll be. Let us help you save time, improve efficiency, and change the way you do business for the better!