One major German automaker claims they lose over $40,000 a minute if they have to take a machine offline for maintenance or repairs. How much do you lose?
Machines break down and need to be fixed. That much is unavoidable…as are the costs of downtime. But new Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)-powered machinery, combined with digital transformation technologies like cloud and edge computing, are helping manufacturing companies—both similar and different from yours—redefine the standards of efficiency. It truly is a new industrial revolution…
How IIoT and Digital Transformation Technologies Can Transform Your Manufacturing Business:
- Provide workers easy access to all the information they need at their fingertips, from work instructions to inspection requirements
- Maximize real-time visibility into all phases of your manufacturing processes
- Line item monitoring and tracking of global supply chains, which helps you optimize production and reduce costs
- Aggregate product and third-party syndicated data from various stages of a product cycle in order to identify and correct quality issues
- Gather and analyze health and safety data in your manufacturing environment
- Real-time resource monitoring, which helps managers better manage costs and production
- Predictive maintenance analytics
- Gather data on usage patterns and handling of product for analysis b product designers and engineers
- Transmit operational information to OEMs and engineers
- Manage factory functions remotely
To Ignore IIoT and Digital Transformation Is to Fly Blind Where Your Competition Is Gaining Visibility
Go ahead. Continue to rely on blind luck, decades-old processes, insufficient data, and disparate sets of IT and OT systems instead of IIoT and digital transformation technologies. Sounds like a recipe for frequent, extended downtimes to me!
IIoT and digital transformation are about to change everything, including the leaderboards of countless industries. If that’s not a financial imperative, what is? It’s about saving time, saving money, and watching productivity and profitability rise! You may be a market leader now, but if you sleep on IIoT and digital transformation, you could soon be playing catch-up…
Now is not the time to be complacent in your success. You better believe your competition is upgrading to IIoT and implementing digital transformations. And it’s going to cut their costs by huge margins and enable them to offer better products for lower prices.
Do you want to explain to your bosses and/or shareholders that you’re bleeding market share because your competitors are capitalizing on newfound efficiency gains and analytical capabilities, which you can’t match!?
On the other hand, if you’re an up-and-comer, implementing IIoT and digital transformation technologies now could give you a strong foothold for stealing market share from industry laggards…sounds like fun!
No matter the state of your current factory technology or information systems, Imaging Office Systems offers the expertise you need to transition to IIoT and make a full and complete digital transformation that will support and amplify efficiency gains across every activity and department of your company.
With nearly 50 years of experience in helping companies navigate new business technologies, we know how to make the process of change smooth for everyone. Now is the time to start having the conversation about IIoT and digital transformation…